Hi all,

I was thinking about using my K2 with KIO2 interface together with an
existing N1MM logger installation in the CQWW contest this weekend. My
understanding is that N1MM does not directly support sending the KY command
to the rig's control interface.

However, I found some hints about directly keying a KX3 without any
additional interface by wrapping the "KY" command in N1MM's CATA1ASC command
inside a function key macro. I have not checked in detail but my feeling is
that KX3 and K2 use the same command structure for CW keying with the KY
command.

Will this approach work with a K2 as well?

Will the "special serial cable" work with a serial to USB adapter?

Has anyone tried this already?

Greetings

Ralf

DL6OAP