Actually, the state of Arizona where we live, is ahead of most of the rest of the world in recognizing that no daylight is actually saved by "Daylight Savings Time."

Hence, we don't participate in the nonsense. Regrettably, Apple thinks that we should, so turning on the automatic setting also turns on (M)DST and places me in Colorado. Then the error is greater than one hour. If I leave it off, in has me in Phoenix (I'm actually in Tucson). If the phone was really "smart", it would know better.