Hi Vic,

With interest, I read your emails about the K3 QSK and the noise it produced
and I have a question for you. I've had my K3 for about three years and I
purchased it with a full complement of CW filters for both receivers,
including the 8-pole 250 hz filter. I normally run my radios in full QSK,
but of course, depending on sending speed, running the K3 in full QSK means
you lose too many other good features.

I never really noticed the noise generated while in full QSK until recently,
and it is quite bad! About a year ago I changed my 8-pole 250 hz filter to
the 5 pole 250 hz filter and actually I think that is when I started
noticing how bad the pumping and generated noise from my K3 sounded. Of
course I run AGC-Fast, with no preamp (unless on 10m and then only seldom
have the preamp turned on).

My question to you is do you have the 250 hz filter installed in the main Rx
and if so, is it the 8-pole or the 5-pole? I think right after Christmas I
am going to re-install my 8-pole filter just to see if that has any bearing
on the awful QSK noise.

Also, have you had any response from Elecraft on this issue?

Thanks for any comment Vic and 73,

Tom - W4BQF