Glad you weren't hurt - whew! It might be a good idea to report your
experience to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. If your battery had a
defect there's a distinct possibility other batteries from the same lot or
manufacturer are defective also. Getting the CPSC involved might prevent
someone else from being injured - or worse.

There are downsides to packing more and more energy into smaller spaces.

73, Al