Kind of a similar situation here in Folsom. Christmas activities and other
family “stuff” kept me away from the contest for all but a few hours. My goal,
using the K3 @ 5 watts along with my P3, was to search & pounce for as many
different states as possible - I’m trying to get WAS QRP. A total of 66 QSO’s
in 34 states, plus 5W1SA (Samoa), EA8AV (Canary Islands), KP2Q (Virgin
Islands), and WP4C (Puerto Rico). Heard lots more DX stations but didn’t
attempt to work them, as states were my main goal. Although I did hear a
station from Algeria (7X7?? - can’t remember the whole call) but he was also
search & pounce so I didn’t get a chance to call him - arrghhhhhh. Not too bad
for QRP and a stealthy doublet antenna strung through the redwood trees. Darn
CC&R/HOA crud!

If I worked you in the contest - many thanks and you’ll probably be getting a
QSL and an SASE from me if you don’t participate in LoTW!

73, Jim / W6JHB