Rick,

The manual does *not* state that an RCA plug will be used on both ends of the Keyline cable. Yes, the KXPA100 end is an RCA plug and that is clearly shown, but the other end must match the transceiver and since several types of connectors are used on transceivers for KEYOUT, the KXPA100 must be ambiguous about the connector on the transceiver end (i.e. the FT-817 uses a DIN connector IIRC).

In the case of the KX3, a 2.5mm stereo plug is needed. The ring contact is keyline output and the shield or common conductor of the cable connects to the shell.

It may be easier to just order the KXPACBL than cutting your cable and wiring in the 2.5mm stereo plug.

73,
Don W3FPR