G'day Carl,

If you get aggressive with TX EQ you can make the Heil iC element sound
pretty good. If you can get someone who knows your voice to listen while you
make adjustments you should be able to come up with settings that suit your
voice.

I started out with the settings outlined on the Heil All things Elecraft
page - it's at
http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/dsp-settings/125-all-things-elecraft and
with the help of another operator finally came up with the following :-

-16, -16, -06, +00, +06, +12, +12 and +09 for TXEQ.
Compression is at 25 and mic gain is high enough to have the fifth, and
occasionally the sixth, ALC bar flickering.

With those settings I often get unsolicited reports of very good audio.

Cheers,
Mark F...
VK3ZMF / VK3KW
KX3 with the lot # 1675