Ron AC7AC wrote
> It's mostly ignorance, though, not stupidity, and some of it pays off.
Like
> the engineer who was developing magnetron power oscillators for radar
> systems in the 1940's and discovered that the chocolate bar in his nice
> white shirt pocket had melted and made a mess. Curious, he investigated
why.
> The first Microwave Oven was the result - sold as the "Radar Range". At
> least he got his revenge for the ruined shirt. I haven't gotten that sort
of
> revenge yet. Still looking (where's my lead pencil?....)

I heard my late uncle (Marvin Bock) had his name on one of the Radar Range
patents.

Dumb things?  When I knew better?  Sure!

Checking SWR standing on a ladder while the tail rotor whirred around not
three feet from my face? Dumb.

1100V from a plate cap (still have a mark on that hand).  Stupid.

Marrying a woman who was half Mexican, half Apache, and half Italian spy.
Priceless.

Cortland
KA5S