Guy's..

Just wanted to ask,...

Does anyone on the list, know of a company in the the US, where I could
enquire about having an item here in the shack (UK), re-nickel plated..?

The item is, a "1924 Vibroplex Code Martin Junior" morse key, bought by
myself on that site that can't be mentioned..

I've spent the best part of a year of my life, "restoring" this key, back to
just about fully working order, although not a patch on the restorations (I
dont think so anyway) of our very own Chuck Adams K7QO, I'm very pleased
with my results for a first time tryin'
my hand at a resoration project.

There are some who would say, "leave it as is", and others who say "yep,
that'll be nice when shineing again"....believe me, I have been tossing with
both ideas for about a year now...after all you guys saying such things..!
I "wondered" in the beginning if the key COULD
indeed be "restored", but with a little bit of patience, and a LOT of time,
it is once again nearly "fully functional" as it was intended
for back in 1924, all parts that were "stuck fast" are now free, and working
as they should be, ...the only thing is "cosmetics" really,..

I feel that parts of the key could do, with some "restoration" on the
nickel-plating side, as it wont be going anywhere in a hurry, and will stay
in my possession, so I think its worth spending the money to have it done.

I have looked over the net, but don't have any idea from the names seen, as
to who might be interested in the job, mainly as the job will probably be
seen as "small lot"..

SO..! if there is anyone out there on the list who knows of such a company
that might be interested in a "small lot job", or indeed someone who has in
the past gotten this done to one of their own keys, say a "ham" out there
willing to help me (i.e an address to send the key and some payment to where
upon the subsequent "ham" could get the job done, and then send the key back
to me in the post (paid by myself of course) , or indeed a "ham" who can
help themselves with the key through experience, please can you let me know.

Answers On A Postcard To The E-Mail Address Below..

72's
Andy
GM0NWI              [EMAIL PROTECTED]