All power ends in a load.

Forward and reverse power measures standing waves, but all those waves go into
some kind of load. Nearly all of it, if you are lucky, goes to the antenna. The
rest goes to heat. Forward and reverse is just a way to measure standing waves.
It does not mean the some percentage of “reverse power” is disappearing into
your power amplifier.

If you are running legal limit into forward power, you are quite likely running
illegal power into the the antenna.

I was happy to get a C+ in my fields and waves class at Rice, but I do
understand this stuff.

wunder
K6WRU
CM87wj