Mike,

I am using it with 2 loops, which are mounted at a 90 degree angle with
respect to eachother. This allows me to switch direction, which is most
pronounced on 160m and medium wave. The loops themselves are square rather
than round (as recommended by LZ1AQ) due to mechanical constraints,
furthermore each loop actually consists out of 2 loops in parallel to lower
the inductance. I hardly use the dipole mode, since that almost always
results in a much higher noise floor due to man made noise at my QTH.

Jim, David,

Regarding differential inputs, I concur with David that the diagrams
published on http://active-antenna.eu/amplifier-kit/technical-documentation/
suggest that the amplifier has a differential input, so not sure which
schematic you refer to Jim?

73,

Wouter Jan PE4WJ