Does any have a switching circuit for a K2 that will activate the relay in an
amplifier? My 11-year-old Kenwood is in for a repair, and it may be a while
before it's back in the shack. In the meantime, I'm driving an Ameritron
ALS-500M solid state amplifier with 7 watts from my K2.
That works well but requires me to key the amp relay (I use a pushbutton on a
cord) as I key the K2 with the mic's PTT switch.
The voltage on the amp keying line is 10 V DC, and the current when keying the
amp is 120 mah.
Dave, W6KOW
K2 # 5120. Sometime in the six few months I'll build the K2 100-watt internal
amp.