Will that include the telepathy module so that the K3 knows when it should be in split? Unless I've missed something it still needs the operator to know when split is desired and initiate it.

It's all getting out of perspective. The only programming needed is that of the operator, aka learning how to use the K3, not a big deal surely, were are big brained animals.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO