From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Guy
Olinger K2AV
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 11:54 AM
To: David Gilbert
Cc: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 - perceived RX and TX audio

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 1:48 PM, David Gilbert <xda...@cis-broadband.com>
wrote:

> low level pass band mixing was still an issue

If I know exactly what you mean by low level pass band mixing, the multiple
weak signal "muddle", that problem was decisively cleared up by the firmware
significant digit fix for the AGC algorithm. It was a startling improvement
in the K3's sound. It was even more startling in what it did for diversity
reception of a weak signal pileup. Prior to the fix, the muddle had been
removing the aural clues that the brain uses to create a sound stage.
Afterwards, wow.

At this point, that fix was a long time ago. Elecraft has been working on
the K3 for what, seven years now. Any complaint made first 5 years ago is
likely long since fixed, though some, with one complaint fixed, seem to take
little joy in that and immediately look for something else to complain
about.

Some people still have a theoretical complaint about one device in the
analog RF/IF RX string, but I have never been able to hear anything they
were complaining about. They had their theoretical point no question, but
apparently the K3 does not live in the range where that point would be
invoked. So no harm, no foul.

I don't drink KoolAid. Don't believe in it. But there's a bunch that drinks
55 gallon drums of inverse KoolAid.

73, Guy

delivered to jbol...@outlook.com