Fear not the sunspot cycle, Darwin.  In the past 18 months, I have completed
WAS with 5w and a dipole.  I currently have 49 states with 1 watt, and 44
states with 100mW.  I think I enjoy the challenge of the sunspot trough more
than "shooting fish in a barrel" during the sunspot peak.  The feeling of
accomplishment is greater.  Just be patient, and when the bands are good,
get on and make some QSO's.  When condx are poor, read up on what makes for
good propagation conditions.

72 es good luck,
ed - k9ew