Are you connecting a cable from the RX antenna Out to the AUX antenna In ?

If so why?

      From: Klaus Dittrich <kla...@arcor.de>
 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Friday, March 6, 2015 7:15 AM
 Subject: [Elecraft] K3 SUB-RX works , but not in diversity mode

SUB-RX works (gets signals) but not in diversity mode.

I assembled K3 serial# 8887 (FW-5.14) so far succesful but have
a problem with the SUB RX and diversity.

I plugged the coax from the BNC AUX-RX into the KRX3 at assembly time.

When I switch on the SUB RX it gets its antenna input from there,
which I can verify by plugging out the antenna connected to BNC AUX-RX
and do not hear anymore the signals received before.

So the connection between the antenna connected to AUX-RX and the
KRX3 is already established and working.

! When I now, while SUB is active, press and hold SUB, the diversity
! mode is established and the decimal point of VFO A starts blinking,
! I hear a relay switching noise out of the K3 and the signal received
! by the SUB-RX before went off.

So it looks to me as if the KRX3 is disconnected from my receiving
antenna by switching from SUB to SUB-diversity.

What gets switched at this moment and why?

Switching on diversity should only bind/link the SUB RX to VFO A
(the same as pressing A->B after changing frequency) but phase coupled
this time, or I am totally wrong?

Switching between Config:KRX3 ATU and AUX makes on difference,
and no relay clicking is audible.

Can anyone with a newer K3 (and new syntesizers) tell me if
he is oberserving the same behavior?

I am not quite shure if I have overlooked something at assembly
time or if this is a firmware bug.

--
73, Klaus, DF1TL

Message delivered to hlyin...@yahoo.com