Yep, that would be cool, although I'm not sure it's doable. Would likely work if you were switching bands often, but if you don't come back to a band in a reasonable time, the "average" may be as invalid as REF LVL currently is.

I generally take K9YC's advice if it pertains to audio, sometimes I'm a little slower on non-audio things. Jim runs P3 spectrum averaging as high as it will go. I never did ... fascination with the jumping spectrum display?

I'm currently running at 12 for the spectrum and OFF for the WF and the WF is what I look at and I like the results. I find I don't have to adjust the REF LVL nearly as much. Having found out that 12 is safe for averaging, I may push it up. But, seriously, to my surprise, it really does tend to hold the REF LVL much more constant which is what I was looking for in the first place.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 50th Running of the Cal QSO Party 3-4 Oct 2015
- www.cqp.org