The APF will take signals in the noise and make them very readable. It is not something you will need to use all the time.

Mike W0MU

On 3/14/2015 10:47 PM, Fred Jensen wrote:
Sounds like something is wrong Mike. My CONFIG:DUAL PB toggles between "nor" and "APF."

The APF takes a little practice. Except when I'm NCS of our traffic net, I run about 250 Hz DSP BW. I have found that the APF gets very hard to tune with anything less than that and 300 Hz is even better. APF performance also seems to be somewhat connected to AGC settings.

Once I mastered it, mine works great, I use it all the time to pull very weak SOTA guys running a few watts to a compromise antenna out of the noise.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 50th Running of the Cal QSO Party 3-4 Oct 2015
- www.cqp.org