      From: Rick Stanback <r...@tripletry.com>
 To: Scott Manthe <scott.man...@gmail.com>
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 2:02 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Noise Power Ratio and the K3 with new synthesizer?

I just completed the build of my KAT500 and KPA500 and I had the
following issues.

The KAT500:
the software was very flaky trying to connect to the KAT. I run Fedora
21 so it might be the bleeding edge Linux.  I did finally get the
connect and hit the optimize for KPA500 button.  I am still not able to
hit the tune button on the KAT500 and get the K3 to xmit and tune.  If I
hit the button and then hit the tune button manually on the K3 it tunes?

KPA500:
When I first powered up the display would say KPA500 for a bit then
Invalid??  Then if I put the amp to oper it would immediately get the
270v fault.  I took it apart and inspected all the connections including
the ribbon cables and although I did not find anything out of place or
not seated when I put it back together it seems to just work?  I have
made a few contacts and everything seems to be OK.  The amp follows the
K3 band with no problems.

--
Rick Stanback (N4WCQ)
"Chance only favors the prepared mind. Louis Pasteur"

Message delivered to hlyin...@yahoo.com