I tend to agree with Joe's comments.

The K1 was a much different rig than the KX1 and the K2.

These were distinctly different rigs......one didn't morph into the other , etc.

A full size K4  (whatever size that may be) might be of great appeal to the
Amateur that wants a larger and perhaps easier to use radio, larger buttons, no
"push" or "hold" functions,  spectrum display, etc.

I love my K3 and KX3 but I would welcome a K4....it's gonna happen
sometime...the K3 will be getting a little long in the tooth in a few years (or
sooner).

Looking forward to warmer weather here in Southeastern North Carolina and
taking my KX3 to the field and play with some new antennas.

The fun never stops!!

                        73, Joe W2KJ
                        I QRP, therefore I am