Maybe. I think there will still be some front end analog processing. That said, QRP is in the DNA of this company. Consequently, their designs have always had low receiver current drain in mind. IMHO, this has compromised performance. I know that the "faithful" are gnashing their teeth at this but I said, IMHO.

One need look no further than the use of an SA612 for the second mixer. In a backpacking radio this is a good choice. But it has no place in a high-performance desktop receiver. By my reading of the spec sheets (I'll confess limited knowledge of DSP device specs) the mixer is weaker than the DSP. Hence the conventional wisdom that the need for hardware AGC is to "protect" the DSP, when in fact, it's protecting the mixer.

We now have SDRs that can digitize wide swaths of the HF spectrum with good overload performance yet the mixer/DSP in the K3 requires banks of pricy crystal filters to limit the exposure to hundreds of Hz. This also leads to endless questions on this reflector about what crystal filters are "best." The best one would be a low IMD design that just eliminated the image with a robust DSP doing the rest.

Just thinkin' out loud.  We'll see what Visalia brings.

Wes  N7WS