Hello all,
       I am the proud new owner of a new K3. I am also the proud new owner of
an SPE Expert 1.3K-FA solid state amp, and I have a question for the group
regarding interfacing the K3 to the amp.

My current setup is using my Icom 756 Pro III with the SPE Expert 1.3K-FA. The
recommended setup for Icom was to connect both the Relay and ALC cables between
the rig and amp. This is because the software in the amp automatically reduces
the power in the rig to the best output level for the amp (on the amp LOW=500W
out= 3W drive, MID= 1000W out= 6W drive, HIGH = 1500W out = 9W drive). It works
flawlessly. Actually, I could leave the power on the Pro III untouched, and the
amp reduces the power accordingly.

My question for the group is, is there a way to allow the K3's output to be
controlled by the amp? I see the note on p27 about not using an amp to control
the K3's output, but wonder if there is a safe way to do it. For instance,
could the K3 be set to say 15W out on all bands via the menu, then allow the
amp to control the output via ALC for optimum drive?

Any info and comments appreciated.
73 Darrell AB2E