yup.  I am seeing this on FSK441 and Data A mode.  I recently acquired a
power meter that shows average and peak power and I am getting getting PEP =
1.8 times average on this data mode.  Traced it to the K3 audio response on
transmit. I am using the 8 pole SSB filter. It seems the 882 Hz and 1323 Hz
tones are down from the other two tones (or the other tones are hot relative
to these two, depending on your point of view).  When I transmit a single
tone (RRR or 73 report for example) the ALC brings things up to full output.
When I transmit mixed characters then the ALC sets the output based on the
highest tone and the average is down accordingly.

It is not the audio card.  I looped the audio card output back to the input
and the tones are all the same level.

-----
73
Ken