Hola,

I was scheduled to operate my K3 as a remote for the WPX contest.
Problems with VPN at remote site delayed that setup. As contest time
approached, I decided to deploy my Buddipole out the apartment window
and was gonna play around with 100w and dipole config.on 15m.

However, I could not hear any signals, at all. Nothing but white noise
on all bands. The Buddipole ends in a BNC which I had connected to
adaptor for PL259. Tried Ant 1 and Ant 2 with no luck. Thinking adaptor
may be bad, I hook BNC to RX in but no sigs there.

 This morning, more troubleshooting, I discovered that there is no power
 out (although I was tricked as ATU was finding perfect SWR , HI).

K3 has not been used for over a year and when I brought it to HP, it was
inside my rollaboard so I had a watchful eye on it during the trip. The
only thing I can think of, is perhaps one or more of the circuit boards
was dislodged due to vibrations of rolling around the airport or within
the airplane(s) themselves. 9 hours on B767 then 3 on a
 B737.

Before I open up the K3 and start messing around inside. any suggestions
or tips on where I should start? I am thinking of pulling circuit boards
then resetting them, just in case one or more was 'jiggled' loose during
transport.

73 Tom HP1/K6CT aka CX7TT