Hi Dave,

Yes I did solve by opening up the K3 and 'jiggling' circuit boards and
putting covers back on....so, not sure which board had gotten loose.  I
see where you cc support, as it's the weekend, you may want to post on
the reflector so the battery of experts, like W3FPR can read your well
written diagnosis below.

Wish you luck.

73
Tom