Right now 6 meters is marginally open between KS and the Southeast US. (NC down to FL). First chance I've had to check out the "Preamp 2" function on the new KX3VB. Boy what a difference it makes. Had it set to Preamp 1 and just barely hearing signals so went to Preamp 2 and really good copy on everyone I could hear. Makes a really decent 6 meter rig out of an older K3 without the PR6.

Have not had a chance to test it on 10 and 12 meters other than observing a very distinct increase in background noise with it in Preamp 2 mode as both bands were not open when I tested the KXV3B after finally getting it enabled yesterday. This morning 6 is open so that one gets tested first.

Overall I'm very pleased with the operation of this board and no negative issues noted other than the initial lack of information in the documentation on how to enable it.

Jim - W0EB