having said that, I like the internal battery for just using it on the patio or deck, and not dragging a power supply out as well, and picnic table top portable operations.

I like the DSP fairly well also, as well as the RS-232 interface, and 60 meter and transverter option, and the 160M 2nd RX antenna. I think they will be adding an adapter to use their KXPD1 paddle (originally for the KX1), which I have been beta testing, and it is a nice addition as well if you operate much CW.

I am cross-posting this list to the Elecraft list as well, and see if we can get you a few more opinions.

73 de Dave, W5SV

Kurt wrote:

Good Morning to all, I traded for a K2 (#2014) yesterday and so far am
really surprised on how good of rig it is. It has some options already
installed and looking to add a few more, but one I am looking at is the
internal battery option to use the radio while portable and would it be
worth while? I do not go portable a lot, and also thinking about
getting the serial port option. I already have the internal
ATU,SB,NB,audio filter, I have read that the DSP is good also. Any
suggestions or comments would be welcomed.

73
Kurt
WA8VBX