Hello -
I finished a K2 last Spring. Shortly therafter the shack came down while I did
a massive home remodel. About two months into the remodel it occurred to me
that I did not have the K2 plugged and thus the onboard battery was not being
charged.
I turned on the K2 without external power and I believe the display said around
10 volts before it died. The battery had no juice. I've plugged in the power
supply and have started recharging the battery. The radio will stay on now with
battery only, but I cannot get the battery voltage to go much over 11 volts.
Yes I am a technical dunce, chuckle - and now that the chuckle is overwith: How
can I determine if the battery is permanently damaged? Also, how long would it
normally take a K2 battery to discharge when not in use and, conversely, how
long should it take to charge back to full capacity? Thank you in advance.