Hello All,

                Thank you to all of you who answered my query about building a
K2 without having to remove components as I add options - the Rework
Eliminators is just what I was looking for.

                Now for the next question - down in the bottom of my parts box
was a handheld speaker/microphone that I picked up at a flea market a long time
ago - it was probably from a CB rig as it has a 2 character display as well as
the PTT switch, volume and squelch controls and an up/down switch. If I remove
everything except the speaker/mic, PTT switch and up/down switch and rewire it,
can I use it on the K2. Specifically, will the speaker/mic element work as a
mic on the K2?

                Thanks.

        Bob
        W1SRB