I would check the solder connections on the toroids in the PLL section, in
particular, the transformers. Check continuity thru the windings by measuring
from other component leads connected to the pads the toroid leads are soldered
to.  If you don't get the toroid leads cleaned and tinned properly it's easy to
end up with intermitant connections.

By the way, I'm impressed with the speed at which you're assembling your K2! It
took me about two weeks (working an hour or two during the week and a marathon
session one weekend) to get were you are in only two days!

73 de Mike, N0SO