Rob,

I would suggest that on 40 meters and 80 meters, your loop is presenting a very low impedance to the shack end of the feedline.
Tuners of all types do not work well into very low impedance loads.
Add or subtract somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4 wavelength of feedline at the problem frequencies and see if that helps your problem. Of course, that solution possibly could introduce problems on other bands, but it is worth a try.

73,
Don W3FPR