The extended Temp Compensation will not help with a hi temperature problem.
What it will do is reduce the frequency drift over a wide frequency range - so for maintaining frequency stability while the KX3 is heating up, yes that stability will be increased. The temperature problem with extended transmit 'key down' times is what is causing the heating.

Cooling the PA transistors or reducing the power is is the only way to reduce the effects of high temperature. The new heatsink will help, lowering the power will help, a fan blowing on the heatsink will help, an aftermarket heatsink will help. Anything to keep the PA transistors cooler.

73,
Don W3FPR