Combining the utility and memory editor is a good suggestion, but
Elecraft's owners would have to decide that it's worth the effort and
development cost.  Since both functions are already available, it's
probably not a priority.  Just a guess on my part.

73,
matt
W6NIA

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 16:27:34 -0700, you wrote:

>> My guess would be that a different program author wrote it...  :)
>> —

>Yes, a different program author wrote it but that does not stop Elecraft from
>adding it to their utility programs which I think they should do.
>
>73, phil, K7PEH
>
>> On Sun, 2015-07-26 at 15:58 -0700, Phil Hystad wrote:
>>> I have followed previous discussions on the memory editor issues (no
>>> support for Mac, etc.) but I missed the answer to the big, big question.
>>> The big question is:  why is it that the existing Elecraft supported K3 and
>>> KX3 utilities do not include a memory editing page built in and supported
>>> as a mainline feature.
Matt Zilmer, W6NIA
--
"Always store beer in a dark place."  -R. Heinlein