Any comment on my original question in this thread before it was hijacked hi, (
which was about the KX3 not the K3).

For reference here it is again.

Experimenting with the KX3 on WSJT FSK441 and JT65b I noticed looking at the
spectral display of band noise that with the bandwidth widened fully out on
DATA A Mode that even though it was displaying 4 KHz on the KX3 LCD, the
bandwidth of the audio was less, like 400 Hz to 3600 Hz.

On SSB mode it was possible to get the full 4 KHz by suitable manipulation of
the width and centre frequency.

It is useful on JT65 on EME if you are running a pileup from a rare DXCC to
have stations spread out and having the full 4 KHz is beneficial then. Under
normal circumstances not at all important, but I was just curious why DATA A
mode is not giving the full 4 KHz while the SSB mode is.

If I am missing some setting that is causing this please enlighten me.

(I prefer using DATA A to the SSB Mode on WSJT as it does things like turn off
TX equalisation and compression and other things like NR on RX which might
upset WSJT).

73

David Anderson GM4JJJ