I've never really found a situation where Tracking mode is helpful, but maybe I'm missing something.

73, Phil W7OX

It’s difficult to see a station, and find where you are trying to
tune to, when the display loses itsaveraging.

As a long time user of the P3, I strenuously disagree with that
assessment.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV

On 2015-07-31 9:57 AM, John Kramer wrote:
Wayne

Apologies, I have never seen a P3 in action before, I live too far away from locations that have regular hamfests. Maybe I should go and watch some youtube clips. I just thought the basic architecture in the P3 would be the same as my
PX3.
But, reading your last two paragraphs, tells me the issue I have with my PX3 also happens on the P3 - In tracking mode averaging info is reset the moment you tune. I find this loss of averaging when tuning, to be totally counter intuitive when trying to home in on a signal. It’s difficult to see a station, and find where you are trying to tune to, when the display loses its averaging.

Thanks for the good work at Elecraft, and your quick response

73
John, ZS5J  C91J  A25J