I use one of my 100 watt radios in our travel trailer. I did run three lengths of #10 AWG automotive primary cable from the battery area to my operating position. Both the DC negative and DC positive lines each have a 30A Fast Blow fuse located very close to the battery. That third wire is a separate wire from the trailer ground, which is also near the battery to my operating position. This ground connects to the ground terminal on the radio. I do not rely on DC Negative for ground. Otherwise, there is an equal DC drop on the Positive wire and the same also on the Negative wire, thus the radio is above ground by that amount. Usually about 0.25 to 0.5 volts, depending on current.

The inverter supplying DC and charging the battery, which is normally associated with the trailer, does/did produce some hash. Several donuts with 5 to 8 turns of wire located in the inverter box greatly reduced the hash. These were installed on the AC primary side of the inverter and the DC output of the inverter to the battery. This took replacing some wires to get the added and needed lengths to add the ferrite filters. I used RTV Silicone to hold each these in place thus preventing them moving when the trailer is in tow. All is quiet now.

As to the Honda generator, the EI 2000 does produce some hash. I just operate off of battery and don't operate when the Honda is running. While I haven't tried it, Jim, K9YC has good suggestions for filtering the AC line coming from the Honda. In studying the topic, I would opt for putting the filter inside the Honda, if there is room. Otherwise, locate it as close to the Honda output as possible.

73 Bob, K4TAX