The K3 is not a full-duplex radio.

At the time of the design of the K3 I was hoping we could make it a full duplex radio with external transverters, as I was responsible for and/or participated in the design of several subsystems in AO-40 and other Amateur spacecraft.

The Subreceiver has its own DSP. The issue is signal isolation between Tx and Rx and a few other bottlenecks. Full-duplex capability would have impacted the cost and complexity of the radio significantly, and would have been a cost borne by all buyers of the product.

Since the initial design time of the K3, the primary focus of most Amateur satellites has been for use with dual-band HTs using FM.

73,

Lyle KK7P

It may merit further research. The owner's manual block indicates the Rx DSP
as "DSP2" ? ...
Its tempting to think maybe the sub-Rx could be used duplex with
main-Tx in the K3,...