In a slightly related note - for those who are using an oscilloscope to measure the RF voltage at the output, instead of converting everything to RMS and doing the power calculation, I can give you a shortcut. The formula for power by observing the RF voltage across a 50 ohm dummy load is Vp-p squared, and then divided by 400. If the load is not 50 ohms, then it is Vp-p squared and divided by 8 times R.

The derivation is left to "the student" - Hint, use SQRT 2 in your derivation rather than 1.414 or .707 because the radicals will cancel out - the numbers will only cause confusion, but will produce a similar result. I use this easy formula at the workbench often when determining power output, it is especially useful at power levels of 10 watts and below. Yes, I do have an oscilloscope probe permanently connected directly across my dummy load just for this purpose as well as for looking at relative RF voltages during an alignment.

73,
Don W3FPR