> On Sep 21, 2015, at 4:55 PM, Richard W. Solomon <w1...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> Have you looked at Hammond boxes ? Fairly heavy aluminum.
>
> 73, Dick, W1KSZ

Yes, I have considered them.  Our local industrial supply electronics retail
store (Vetco)  carries a selection of Hammond Boxes and I didn’t find anything
suitable.  I also checked the Hammond Web site but again the closest match I
could find was a bit larger than I wanted (although, if pushed into a corner I
agree it could work).

They are heavy aluminum — cast aluminum I think.  And, this is one thing I
didn’t like about them but I guess my reasons for not liking them were a bit
trivial.

73, phil, K7PEH

P.S.  I should admit that the main reason I am not rushing out to build this
W6PQL amp is because I haven’t had the spare time and I have this
back-of-the-head thought that Elecraft would come out with a 2-meter brick
announcement the day I finished that project.