Hi Phil,

For me, no. I already have a KX3 with transverter and SSPA. I have an old BNOS
3W to 100 W amplifier in my cupboard, should I ever wish to go portable with
the KX3 ( though I have not bought the internal 2m transverter yet, as I may
instead get a 4m transverter to cover that band).

Can I ask you a few questions?

What would be your intended use for this amplifier?

1. Out portable with the KX3 (where you have a small generator or large
battery)? Ruggedness is more important than looks here.

2. Local FM simplex at home where 3W barefoot from the KX3 might not be quite
enough and you want a nice looking box to match the rest of the lineup?

3. Casual weak signal work from home on SSB CW WSJT?

4. As a driver for a legal limit triode tube amplifier for Real DX and contest
work?

These are the main uses I could see, and you have to ask how many people might
be interested in those. ( You did ask the question and I think you will find
the answer is very few in real numbers).

For item 4, more and more the legal limit tube amplifier is being replaced by
the LDMOS SSPA which requires only 3W or so to drive it to a kW out, so the
driver amplifier is no longer required.

For Item 3, there are so many DC- Light multimode multiband radios out there
that cover 2m with 50 to 100 W output now that satisfy the casual user, the
real contester and DXer will use a K3 and high quality transverter and tube or
LDMOS SSPA nowadays.

I just can't see the numbers being anywhere near high enough for Elecraft to be
able to make an intermediate power VHF amplifier at what would be a price that
most would even think about paying. If in any doubt see how much the newly
introduced matching Elecraft speakers are, and that is for a product that is
going to be much more popular.

As others have said, the alternative is to build a W6PQL amplifier kit, into an
Elecraft speaker box if necessary ;-)

73

David Anderson GM4JJJ