I just picked up a 1923 Vibroplex Original. I haven't used a bug in 40 years
so I have about 25 years of electronic keyer to unlearn. Maybe only 12.5
years because I only have to unlearn the dah side.

I was looking all over the house for a clothespin. No luck. But I did find
some brass tuning that slips over the end of the arm. I cut a 2 inch piece
and crimped it very slightly so it would not fly off in a heated QSO. I
drilled a fishing weight I found in a drawer so I could slide it over the
brass tubing, then ran a self tapping screw through the side to hold it in
place.

Without the extender, I can't get the dits below about 22-25 wpm. With the
extender, I can get reliable dits down to about 14-15 wpm. And slide it up
to get what I want...I'm doing OK at around 18 now, but too many flubs to go
on the air with it yet.

There seems to be quite a resurgence in CW activity with the birth of the
SKCC group. It's amazing to hear so many straight keys and bugs just about
any time of day or night now. Straight key night every night! It really is
fun using old keys with a modern rig like the K2.

Eric
KE6US
www.ke6us.com
SKCC 86