Two more items to keep in mind from another (semi) rural resident:

1) Power pole lightning arrestors can deteriorate or be damaged by a strike
and cause leakage/arcing. (Note that the noise from this can be intermittent
rather than constant.) That happened on a pole near me. I walked around the
neighborhood doing some DFing with a portable AM radio, identified a suspect
pole, and noted its ID number. When the power company crew arrived a lineman
climbed the suspect pole and immediately spotted a damaged part. The crew was
amazed that I was able to track down the fault that accurately. They also
thanked me for notifying them as it not only prevented a likely future outage
but also eliminated a system loss point. (From what they said leakage of this
type costs power companies more than you'd realize.)

2) Improperly designed (or "cheated" designs which claim to but don't meet
Part 15 spec) consumer electronics can throw RFI/EMI hash back out onto the
power feed and thus radiate it for quite a distance. I've been through the
drill of chasing that problem also.

73 es GL on finding your noise source, Al