The following from a number of years experience as a
power company communications tech with mountain
top solar radio repeater sites and a long-time RV solar
and wind power user.

Mounting solar panels in a flat position may turn out
to be the most practical.  The conventional way is to
angle them towards the sun at an angle equal to your
latitude, but even at 46 degrees here in Montana the
difference in output between 0 and 46 degrees is only
about 7%.  Hardly worth the trouble of dealing with the
mechanics of angle mounting or seasonal adjustment.

At Wayne's lower latitude, this is even more the case.

Our RV has 12A worth of panels and they're mounted
flat on the roof.  They charge four Trojan T-145 6V
(440AH) golf cart batteries (via a regulator) and we've
never run short of power.  BTW, the batteries have
been in service for almost 12 years.

There's a 1500W inverter for the TV, SatTV receiver,
computer(s), etc.  The one thing we don't do is power
the 1000W microwave oven via the inverter.  It requires
90 amps from the batteries to operate the microwave
and I hesitate to draw that from the battery for long
periods of time for fear of warping the plates.

I also have a small Air 403 windmill that mounts to the
RV's rear bumper that's good for 25A in a stiff breeze.
It also gets lots of interest from other RV'ers.  Especially
at the Quartzite, AZ gathering. (:-)

73!

Ken - K0PP