I need to clarify some of my misconceptions about ACC2 and offer some
unfortunate experience with the special cable package offered with the KXPA100
when integrating to the KX3.

First off the GPIO function has nothing to do with interface to the amp.
Perhaps that is why there is no reference to GPIO in the amp manual.

About a month ago I bought a KXPA100 and the special KX3 interface cable kit.

After it was hooked up to the KX3, I could not turn on the amp with a PA = ON.

The problem was a bad cable.  Cable badness was verified with the discovery of
an unsoldered wire in the little black box that hides all the interconnects.

A new cable set was requested, arrived promptly, and solved the problem.

A week later the amp refused to work properly.  If I set the KX3 to tune and
advanced the power past 10 watts both amp and KX3 turned themselves off.
Obviously a power supply problem?

I tried a different power supply that was tested and known to be good but I
still had the problem.  Turn the power past 10 watts and the radios turned
themselves off.

That is when it occured to me that maybe setting ACC2 = ON might be needed.  Of
course that was wrong.  By the way you should change that from ACC2 = ON/OFF
to GPIO = ON/OFF.  Evidently the ACC2 keying line is alwas on.

This morning I replaced the short modular cable connecting the amp to the black
connection hub on the special cable.  Everything is working as it should now.

I really like the KX3 and the pricey KXPA100.  I can't say the same for the
cable set.

You might consider testing these special cable sets before shipping them.

--
bsusb <bs...@k5dkz.com>