Band conditions were a little bit better today, at least for a while. We
had 24 check-ins today, and even a couple of stations who previously
couldn't hear me. Here are today's check-ins:

KM4IK Ian   GA K3 281
NC0JW Jim  CO KX3 1356
N6JW John CA K3 936
WB9JNZ Eric IL K3 4017
W4RKS Jim  TX K3 3618
WB5JJA Ray  OK K3 7877
VE3XM Bob  ON K3 409
W2RWA Dick NY K3 2603
KC9LIF Kent IL K2 6896
WA4WW Porter FL KX3 7927
WA0BEU Keith CO KX3 114
K6VWE Stan MI K3 650
W7QHD Curt AZ K2 1538
NJ5W Rick TX K3 7411
K1NW Brian RI K3 3974
W8FLT Mike MI K3 3023
WB2ART Ken  NY KX3 4743
KC8HXO Greg MI K3 270
KK4YEL Kevin FL KX3 7663
KC9USC Robert IL KX3 4460
W4DML Doug TN K3 6433
W6RKE Jerry WA K3S 10242
KE7HGE Ken  WA KX3 4540
K4GC Gary NC K3 1697

We also had a few questions from W8FLT:

1. What would he use as a mic connector for a desk mic, to connect to the
front panel mic connector on the K3? I recommended a Kenwood 8-pin adapter,
available at your favorite retailer for amateur radio supplies, whether
on-line or brick-and-mortar.

2. Should you back up your configuration before upgrading firmware on the
K3? My answer is that you should always back up your configuration before
making any change to the rig, so you have a recovery point, should you need
it.

3. Mike is using an L4B amp and wanted a suggestion on getting a signal to
the amp, from the K3, for tuning purposes. A couple of people on the net
suggested turning power down to an acceptable level and using the XMIT
button on the rig.

If anyone has any other suggestions/answers to any of these questions,
please reply to the mailing list so we can all grow and learn.

Finally, I have about three or four more weeks where I can feel fairly
certain I'll be home from Temple with my family to call the net. Once we go
back onto standard time in the US the first weekend in November, I can't
guarantee I'll be home by 1:00 PM EST to call the net. If there is someone
who can take over the net at that point, please let me know. I don't want
to see this net fade away simply because the time change affects my
availability.

Thanks everyone. See you here next week!

73 de,

--Ian
Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Roswell, GA  EM74ua
km4ik....@gmail.com
10-10 #74624  North Georgia Chapter #2038
PODXS 070 #1962
K3 #281, P3 #688 KAT500 #860, KPA500 #1468