Very few hams, if any, disconnect EVERY cable from their rig when it is not in use. Having said that, it's certainly a good idea to have a common grounded entry point with suppression devices for power, antenna, phone, cable, etc. so there won't be potential differences between equipment in the event of nearby lightning.

But in my opinion, making total disconnection of the equipment a condition for warranty repairs is a statement that they don't take the warranty seriously.

73,
Vic, 4X6GP/K2VCO
Rehovot, Israel
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/