From: Jack Brindle [mailto:jackbrin...@me.com]
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2015 12:55 PM
To: Cliff Frescura
Cc: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [KAT500] PC Data to Amp Control?

Or connect the Kenwood’s serial port to the KPA500’s Radio port, then set the
RADIO = SERIAL in the KPA.
Follow the directions in the KPA manual. This is exactly what that serial port
is designed to do. Make sure you use the RADIO port, not the PC port for this.

If you connect the serial port from the TS-940 to a computer, just make a Y
cable to allow the KPA to see the data going from the Radio to the computer.
And make sure the TX line is not connected to the KPA.

Also note that the KPA will not interpret the data destined for the KAT500. It
is specifically look for transceiver data on the Radio port, or KPA-specific
commands on the PC port.

- Jack, W6FB