Hi Byron,
The setting for the config menu KRX3 depends on what antenna source (for the
second of two antenna choices for the Sub receiver) is physically used.  There
are two choices for this physical connection that are made when the Sub
receiver is installed.  You must connect the Sub receiver either to the AUX BNC
connector (I believe that is the default connection if the K3S and sub receiver
are factory-built) or to the KAT3A antenna tuner.  Changing from one to another
is a matter of opening up the K3S and changing a TMP coax cable from one place
to another.
If the Sub is connected to the AUX BNC, then the config KRX3 should be Ant=Aux.
 If the Sub is connected to the KAT3A, then it should be Ant=Atu.
In summary, the setting for KRX3 depends on how it is connected in the hardware.
Now what antenna is actually connected?  In each case you have two choices.
The Sub receiver can share the Main receiver's main antenna or it can use
either the AUX BNC or the antenna connected to the KAT3 that the main in not
using.
To switch between these two choice you hold RX ANT for a couple of seconds and
the antenna that is activated is briefly shown in the VFO B area.  When sharing
the main antenna, you will see MAIN or when using the other antenna, you will
see AUX.  (And the somewhat confusing part of that is that AUX means either the
other antenna on the KAT3 or the AUX BNC, depending on the hardware
connection.)
So in your case until you get another antenna you need to share the main
antenna with the sub receiver.  Hold RX ANT until you see MAIN.
Cheers and 73,
Fred KE7X

Author of:
"The Elecraft K3: Design, Configuration and Operation 2nd ed"
"The Portable Elecraft KX3 – Going for the Summit with the KX3 and KX3-2M/4M"
“The Elecraft KX-Line – The Complete Station”
“The Elecraft KPA500 and KAT500 – the K-Line Dream Station”
Printed, coil bound copies of these are all available at www.elecraft.com
“The Elecraft KXPA100, PX3 and 2M/4M Transverters – Assembling the KX3-Line
Station” printed copy available at www.lulu.com and pdf from www.ke7x.com.
“The Elecraft K3S and P3 – Getting the Most out from Your High Performance
Station”.
Plus a book dedicated to the K3S upgrades for the K3 and a 3rd Edition of the
K3 book are works in progress.
Free guides at ke7x.com
KPA500 and KAT500 Quick Set Up Guide
http://www.ke7x.com/home/k-line-introduction-and-set-up-guide