From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Joe
Subich, W4TV
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2015 11:17 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Popping noise in headphones??

On 10/18/2015 11:46 AM, Wes (N7WS) wrote:
> As a point of reference, my old K3 with the original synthesizer board
> pops when changing BW. It's most noticeable going from 150 Hz to 100
> Hz and vice versa.

There will be a slight pop when changing bandwidth between 150 and 100 Hz as
the K3/K3S disables the RXEQ at bandwidths less than 150 Hz.  The level of
the "pop" will be related to the amount of EQ in use *around* *the center of
the passband* (e.g., "pitch").  If for example, pitch is
500 Hz and bands 4 (400 Hz) and 5 (800 Hz) are 0, there will be little or no
"pop".  However, if one has 400/800 Hz set for significant boost there will
be a fairly loud "pop" as the level changes.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

delivered to jbol...@outlook.com