From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Phil
Kane
Sent: Monday, November 2, 2015 5:07 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] 10 mHZ external reference VS the K3S's
optionalKTCXO3-1

On 11/2/2015 4:57 PM, Bayard Coolidge, N1HO via Elecraft wrote:

> (And, to be even more inane, the correct abbreviation is "MHz."
> -capital M for Mega, capital H/lower case Z for Hertz, since it's
> aunit named for a person, and is therefore capitalized.

Notwithstanding that the accepted abbreviation for 1000 Hz is kHz -
lower-case k.  I didn't learn that in engineering school because the Hertz
hadn't been adopted yet.

I love working with standards because there are so many of them to choose
from.  :)

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

>From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest